Thursday, July 26, 2007

Show The Indian Salwarsuit

Why is the right and the seed?

lawyer in an international computer, I decided to return to college to get my doctorate on a topic that fascinates me. I am currently in my final year PhD student at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne working on the issue of regulation of seed. You tell me: what is the relationship between these two worlds? I am interested in the impact of regulation on a market, how it promotes innovation and creates obstacles to him, or the creation of companies it might as well stop ... but also the impact may have regulatory on the environment, especially biodiversity. My

seed research began during a conference on free movement of goods. Two farmers were complaining about not being able to exchange their seeds. Specializing in European Business Law, until my work was rooted in the very foundations of the Common Market, that is to say the free movement of goods. So I was surprised to hear that such exchanges were regulated or even prohibited.

I studied the issue and found that the European market Seed is one of the most regulated markets today. I am even tempted to say that it is more regulated than the drug market. Indeed, regulation of seed covers both issues breeding and innovation, the National List (permissions on the market for varieties (GM or not), production rules, control and certification, and also the rules of marketing.

This area is complex and fascinating. When I started my PhD, few people understand about me, except to ask me if I worked on GMOs. Today, many people ask me questions about the consequence of this regulation on farmers' rights and the use of varieties in the public domain. It's part of my research, but is much broader than that. But what is interesting for me is to see that in recent years, public opinion was appropriate topic.

My Messages here will be dedicated to regular updates on new regulations adopted in France, Europe, and to a lesser extent, the rest of the world. I will focus on the changes that are often unnoticed, but have significant consequences for businesses, farmers, but also the gardeners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment